Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Yankee has been preaching up a storm

Yankee has been preaching up a storm

Can you believe that I was scheduled to preach at the Pleasant Olive Baptist Church in Rydal, Georgia, at the same time the Hurricane hit Florida? Betty and I were safe, but we wondered about our home in Tampa and found that we had received no damage. We regret all the lost of lives, homes, and electrical power of so many that were South of Tampa.

Pastor Eric Elrod allowed me to preach Sunday AM and PM, and Mon-Wed. We had several trust the Lord. I praise the Lord for giving me good health, safety, and much fruit for my 5-month Summer Tour. They had a great crowd for even a Wednesday night service. Thank you so much for upholding me in your prayers.

I had never met the pastor or the people of Pleasant Olive Baptist Church before, but boy did we fit right in. These were your regular down to earth country Christian folks.


Because of the hurricane hitting Florida, I decided to stay over two extra days. Eric call and wanted to know if I would like to speak to about 150 young people for the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Of course, I would.

This opportunity took me back when I was able to speak in many public schools. It just thrills my soul as I watch how the Lord opens up such great opportunities for me to share the gospel. I taught them how to use the "Wallet Illustration". They received it well. Brittany McCord is the Director of Fellowship of Christian Athletes at the Adairsville Middle School. She was very gracious in allowing me this opportunity.

Who would have ever dreamed that the little girl I ran off with 62 years ago, would have been just the right woman for me. Betty has faithfully followed me everywhere. We moved to 5 states in a year and a half, before I settled at Florida Bible College in Miami in 1964. When I told her in 1968 that I was going to preach in Indian Camp across America, she started packing. When I said we are moving from Colorado to Georgia after 23 years, she started packing. After 17 years in Georgia, I told her I was moving to Florida, she started packing. When I told her that I was getting an old motor-home and going back on the road to preach across the country, she started packing the motor-home. A man could not ask more from such a woman as I have been blessed to have.


I am now working on next year’s preaching tour. This does take prayer, planning, and preparations. Yankee

 Yankee Arnold Ministries

Ralph 'Yankee' Arnold

7028 W. Waters Ave. Suite 316

Tampa, Florida 33634

www.YankeeArnold.com

TO DONATE TO YANKEE ARNOLD MINISTRIES CLICK HERE!

Yankee@YankeeArnold.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yankee praises the Lord for open doors to share the clear-gospel

  This was a surprise email I received from Dr. James Dobson’s Family Talk. Two days before this email, I shared with an individual in Pen...