Monday, June 5, 2023

Yankee and Betty celebrate 63 Years of Marriage

 

Yankee and Betty celebrate 63 Years of Marriage

June 8, 2023

HOPE YOU ENJOY OUR MOMENTS OF MEMORIES

We invite you to travel back in time with us.  There are poems, pictures, and a brief history. It is an amazing story of how the Lord brought together this beautiful Georgia Peach and the son of a bootlegger.

Yankee Arnold
 
Betty Jackson

 

David, Trina, and Eddie

 “TIME OF MY LIFE”
by
Ralph ‘Yankee” Arnold

You were the prettiest thing I had ever seen
I’d be your prince and you my queen

 We ran away at the midnight hour
Your prince without armour, castle, or tower

Anderson, Anderson, here we come
Athens, Athens, where we started from


 
The justice of the peace, not the secretary of war
Our love for each other is what we did it for

Your dad drove all night looking for me
Just to park my soul in eternity

With compassion at last, and a Bible in his hand
He led me to Christ, and I became a new man

Growing to maturity seem to take so long
To gain discernment between right and wrong

When it seems as though my wisdom did falter
Your testimony has been like the rock of Gibraltar

No man could ask more, for his wife to be
Than what you have been since you married me


 
A pearl of great price that is pure and just
A virtuous woman whom her husband doth trust

Out of two billion women, God led me to you
I’d do it again, and believe you would too


 
Now there’s gray in our hair, and furrows on our face
But your beauty is enhanced by your dignity and grace

Through all these years, this statement is true
I could not have made it, had it not been for you

Well, it’s our 63rd Anniversary Day and love fills the air
I wrote you this poem, to show I still care

THE KING

“Designed with Me in Mind”

By Ralph Yankee Arnold

Betty’s dad led me to Christ three months after we were married. This is how the Lord changed my thinking.

FIRST VERSE

 

I climbed above the timberline to see what I could see.

And saw the wonders of my God, looking back at me.

 

I saw the Lord from the Mountain Peak, and I saw a man so small,

I could not see how this mighty God could think of me at all.

 

Chorus

e gavegav, He

With the eye of Faith, thru the gates of Grace, I beheld the Great Divine.

Thru the cross of Christ, Eternal Life, was designed with me in mind.

 

 SECOND VERSE

 

The Heavens declare the Power of God, the Earth the work of His hands,

The world He made and the Word He gave, placed my feet on Heaven's Land.

 

Someday I’ll stroll the streets of gold, and walk with saints of old,

For eyes will see, and ears will hear, the things God had foretold.

 

Chorus

With the eye of Faith, thru the gates of Grace, I beheld the Great Divine.

Thru the cross of Christ, Eternal Life, was designed with me in mind.

 

THIRD VERSE

Come now and let us reason, says the Lord so long ago,

though your sins are now as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow.

 

For the blood of Christ removes the stain, that’s cause by sin and shame.

His death, his grave, was the payment made; He arose to come again.

 

Chorus

With the eye of Faith, thru the gates of Grace, I beheld the Great Divine.

Thru the cross of Christ, Eternal Life, was designed with me in mind.

 “We Saw the Rainbow Thru the Rain”

By
Ralph “Yankee” Arnold ©

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chorus:

              We saw the Light within the night,

          To walk by faith and not by sight.

          His promises were clear and plain,

          We saw the Rainbow thru the rain.

 

Verse 1:

          Sixty-three has come and gone,

          Since we said those words, “I do.”

          Somehow, it don’t seems so long,

Because I knew you loved me too.

 

          As I look back upon those years,

          It’s clear to see a Trail of Tears.

          But there were treasures that we’ve gained,

          We saw the Rainbow thru the rain.


This is David to the right of my daughter, Trina. He was brutally murdered when he was 28 years old. The other is my youngest son, Eddie.

 

 

Verse 2:

          To follow Christ was His command,

          For fifty years it has come true.

          When we beheld Salvation’s plan,

          In us, He maketh all things new,

 

          Now when our time on earth is passed,

          And there’s no more for us to do.

          All our work for Christ will last,

          It’s been a joy to serve with you.

Betty and I moved to five states in a year and a half, before I settled in as a student at Florida Bible College. The Lord blessed me with the best woman in the world.

Singing with the help of Ben Elbe

Seen are Dr. Miller, Dr. Mark Cambron, Dr. Stanford, and Mrs. Stanford

Betty told me she fell in love with my black curly hair. That was fine until I started losing it around 40. 

 

Since we never had a church wedding, on our 25th anniversary, we renewed our vows.


  Bob Daly walked her down the aisle.

 

The Lord who Loves
By Ralph Yankee Arnold

The Gospel Driven Man

Do you know?
Do you care?
Will you go?
Will you Share?

The Lord I know
For the Lost I care
With the Lord I will go
With the Lost I will share

For Eternity is long
And Eternal Hell is hot
Not to go would be so wrong
If the Gospel they heard not

If the place of hell is real
Where the Lost are cast alive
The Gospel must be revealed
Before they leave this side

To those engulfed in flame
Beneath a load of guilt and shame
Our God they cannot blame
For me I pray the same

Walking with the Lord is the greatest key to maintaining your  love for the long haul.


We are both in our eighties and thank the good Lord for his extension of grace. 

 

Last week's picture

Hope you enjoyed our special day. 

Yankee@YankeeArnold.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yankee praises the Lord for open doors to share the clear-gospel

  This was a surprise email I received from Dr. James Dobson’s Family Talk. Two days before this email, I shared with an individual in Pen...